Culture Change is QAPI
None scheduled presently
Workshops begin at 8:30 am and conclude at 3:30 pm
Lunch is included.
“QAPI is the coordinated application of two mutually-reinforcing aspects of a quality management system: Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI). QAPI takes a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven approach to maintaining and improving safety and quality in nursing homes while involving all nursing home caregivers in practical and creative problem solving.” -- from QAPI description on CMS.gov
Hopefully you recognize that the QAPI requirement is a gift from the government. Are you utilizing QAPI to its fullest potential? Do you focus on being proactive and preventative? Have you taught your staff and colleagues how to “be your own surveyor”? Do you personally know the regulations -- the new regulations? Your community is held accountable to them. Come to this workshop and learn the guiding principles of -
- High Involvement, a basic principle of the Household Model and the key to QAPI
- The Team Leadership Model
- Your role in influencing change
- Common culture-change best practices to consider in your QAPI endeavors
Participants will be able to:
- Apply the QAPI requirement to all federal regulations.
- Describe ways to be proactive including by being your own surveyor.
- List the culture change practices to utilize in QAPI endeavors.
A single registration is $120. If sending more than one person from the same organization, registration is $99 per attendee.
The National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators (NAB) has approved this program for 6 clock hours.
Learn more about our services
Contact LaVrene Norton
or Steve Shields